So, I am in massive love with the yarn I’m using on the contest afghan. It’s so soft. It’s chunky in a really cute way. And it’s warm. It’s really, really nice (Lion Brand Yarn’s Homespun).
But when I went to sew the strips together, I learned the terrible weakness of the yarn. It does not hold up well to being used to sew. By the end of sewing my first two rows together, I had serious concerns about whether the top of the afghan would hold together.
So, now I’m joining the strips with a single crochet stitch. It gives the afghan a more “rustic” look and it’ll have ribs on the back but I think it needs it structurally.
Still, what a headache. And I didn’t even have any cheesy television to distract me while I tore all the stitches out because the orange cat barfed into the cable box.