Hillary is running for president. Color me unexcited. I won’t vote for her in the primary, though I’ll vote for her for president, if that’s what it comes down to.
Just as a side note, I saw a commercial for a UFC show taking place on some Marine base, over in Iraq, I think. Here’s proof that I’m neither a soldier or a man because let me tell you, if a bunch of 18-40 year old men willing to beat the shit out of each other and risk death showed up on my base for any reason other than to join me in the fighting, I would not be whooping it up watching them go at it, I’d be fucking pissed off.
If anybody 18-40 years old came over there to “support” me by performing and then running back here to the U.S., they’d be lucking if I didn’t punch them in the nose. “Support.” Whatever. You want to support the war? Join up. You want to support the troops? Get them out of harm’s way. Fuck, let’s not even go that far. Give them an accomplishable mission.
Because, let me tell you, this troop “surge”? Would be hilarious if lives weren’t at stake. What on god’s green earth is a “surge” supposed to accomplish?
Here are some questions I have.
1. Is there really a government that can rule Iraq in place?
2. Is Iraq in a civil war? If not, how will we recognize a civil war? And, if there is a civil war, will it be one based on religious-sectarianism? If so, will we take the side of the government or try to remain neutral?
3. What will victory look like? How will we know when we’ve won?
4. How can you win against an enemy that is willing to kill themselves for their cause? If they fear death less than they hate you, how can you win a fight against them?
5. Hillary supports this war. What is her plan for how to wage it?
6. What will Hillary do to restore the rule of law and reinstate our Constitutional rights and protections? Or does she believe that indefinite ignoring of the Constitution is necessary in order to wage the larger “war” on terror?
7. Does Hillary actually think the country is best served by over twenty years of Clinton/Bush rule? Does she really think the people are best served by two families trading power back and forth for decades?
Well, apparently she does.
But it leaves a bad taste in my mouth.