1. Environmentalism as a pagan faith?! Oh, sanctimonious Christians, you make me laugh.
2. Speaking of pagan faiths, I saw a book today I mean to buy eventually about how the Virgin of Guadalupe is a border-jumping goddess who’s managed to thrive while the rest of her kind were relegated to the ash heap of history. Looks very interesting.
3. It turns out that Joe O’Donnell, the nice old man whose book-launching party I went to at the President of Vanderbilt’s house, who recently died, was a lying liar who lied. I want to call about eight people back in Nashville and just be all “Holy Shit! What do you make of that?!”
4. It’s okay if your town wants to take extra-legal steps to fight illegal immigration, but not okay if your town wants to take extra-legal steps to keep illegal immigrants. So, we’re for local authority except when we’re against it? I’m not sure.
6. Yes, I ate the strawberry glaze on the cheesecake. Yes, I am deeply regretting it and waiting to see just how hard it’s going to get for me to breathe. I don’t care. It was worth it.