2. I’m not Catholic and my familiarity with Catholicism comes from an a-typical (maybe) situation, but I thought the point of a Catholic school was, in part, that all Catholics could attend. There’s a post somewhere about what it means that the crowd at Father Ryan is 99% white in a city with a vibrant, if sometimes terrified, Hispanic community. I’m not the person to write it, but I’d sure like to read it.
3. So, I was at the Uncounted screeninglast week. It’s a powerful movie, and I know some Righties will stay away because it looks at the last few elections and the Republicans don’t come out looking so hot. I would encourage you to see it anyway, because it’s important and it will make you raise an eyebrow at the New Hampshire primary.
4. I spent part of yesterday playing with puppies. I just wanted to run around screaming Puppies! Puppies! but apparently that agitates their mom.
5. This has been nagging at the back of my brain for a week and people keep saying things that seem to fit with my train of though and I keep waiting for a whole post to develop out of it, but a whole post doesn’t seem to be forthcoming. So, I’ll just say this: it is a mistake to assume that the Universe, which brings forth as much variety as it can, would some how not be geared to produce variety in human beings. It’s also a mistake to assume that our suffering has anything to do with some kind of judgement against us by the Universe.
6. The Butcher is back home sick again. I really don’t want to catch what he’s got.