1. Cable guy? To the house but then denied the ability to DRILL HOLES IN MY FLOOR!!!!!!!! Jesus Christ, of course I want you to reschedule and send someone who can fish a line down a wall.
2. Cleaning crew? Scheduled and will walk through the apartment tomorrow and give me an estimate.
3. Truck? Scheduled.
4. Dad? Arrived and given tasks.
5. The Butcher? Grouched at and fussed over. But let me just say this, if you are the Butcher’s friend and he has ever done anything for you like helping you move or helping you paint and you do not show up on Saturday to help us move, you are forbidden from ever coming to our house. Seriously, if I catch you in my house, I will stab you with a knife or my dog, whichever is closer at hand. So far the list of folks thus allowed at our house who know the Butcher are the girl who helped paint, her husband, and the Redheaded Kid.
6. Walmart? I have turned EVEN MY FATHER–who I assumed was just going to go to work for Walmart as a greeter when he retired he loved them so much–against them. We went to Walmart last night to get keys made, ibuprofen, and covers for switches and outlets. There were no switch covers on the shelf so we had the chick who was making our keys page once for help in hardware, no one came. We had electronics page once for help in hardware, no one came, and then electronics paged twice for a manager, because they were frustrated no one came to hardware and a manager never showed up. So, we put everything but the keys and the ibuprofen back and went over to Lowe’s.
At Lowe’s we were greated by a dude who knew immediately which aisles had the things we needed in them and (and this is where I was like “Oh, Walmart, you may be in real trouble”), they were stocked and a penny cheaper than at Walmart.
Because Walmart can get away with a lot if they’re the cheapest game in town, but when they’re not?
Cue the ominous music.
7. Mack? Listened to tough but reassuring things from.
8. The Professor? Listened to tough but reassuring things from.
9. The dog? Switched to Target’s glucosamine pills and I can’t decide if I’m seeing a marked difference or just imagining it, but let’s go with seeing one.
10. Naps? Two hours in the afternoon while I waited for my dad and one on the couch after dinner and before bed.
11. Girly problems? Subdued.
12. Correct Tiny Cat Pants anniversary? Duly noted.
13. World Economy? Well, I have tried repeatedly this month to completely collapse it, but clearly I’ve only been able to bring it to the brink. I’ll try again today.