Mrs. Wigglebottom has been tagged and I’m so tickled by the idea of my dog being tagged for a meme that I must instantly participate.
Here are six things about Mrs. Wigglebottom you probably didn’t know.
1. Mrs. Wigglebottom has her own Myspace page, but she just uses the account to play some Mobsters game.
2. Mrs. Wigglebottom has never talked about her divorce. When she first came to live with us, we called her Miss Wigglebottom and then I was at Fido’s (a local dog-themed coffee shop) and there was a dog there named Jake Wigglebottom. When I asked her about it, she just shook her head sadly and from that day on, she was Mrs. Wigglebottom. I don’t know how Mr. Wigglebottom broke her heart, but she’s never remarried.
3. Mrs. Wigglebottom is a terrible tattle-tale. Whenever anyone she likes shows up at our house, she’s all “Oh, and then they called me a chucklehead and made me wear this purple clown collar and sometimes they don’t even feed me right when I tell them to!” It sounds more like “Arr, Aourrr, Auurooorrroo,” but it’s totally obvious from her body language that the’s telling on us.
4. Sometimes, Mrs. Wigglebottom will let some god-aweful stinky fart and then look at her butt with this look of total alarmed disdain, like “How could you?!”
5. Back when she lived with my parents, they would leave the PBS History of Jazz cds playing when they had to leave her. Even now, if one of those songs comes on the radio, she’ll go over by the speaker. Otherwise, she’s uninterested in background noise.
6. Mrs. Wigglebottom loves to swim, but she sinks like a stone, so we have to be careful to only take her in water that isn’t deeper than she is tall.
I want to tag other animals, but the only chatty dog I know is Mabel. And probably Milkshake would have some interesting things to say. So, anyway, if you like the idea, take it and let us know where we can go to read it.