1. I have a jar full of fingernail and toenail clippings. It’s gross, but I can’t bring myself to get rid of it because… well, I’m not sure why. I don’t add to it or anything, but I have it and I can’t throw it out.
2. I refuse to watch movies that might make me cry. Life is sad enough already. Why would I pay someone to upset me? I can turn on my television and be upset for free.
3. It irritates me that my name is not Elizabeth. Betsy is a fine name for a little girl and a fine name for your free-spirited grandma, but these intervening years? I wish I had something less cutesy to fall back on professionally.
4. My parents always thought I would go by Teckla so it wouldn’t matter if I had a cutesy first name, but I’ve developed a kind of feeling about that name, that it’s mine and I don’t want you to call me it. I don’t want to just hear it out-loud used by normal people.
5. I have an unnaturally deep worry that I’m crazy–I mean, full on crazy, like where my interpretation of the world is completely different than what other people interpret is happening. And it’s always a relief to me when I say to someone “Do you remember…?” and they say “Yes,” because I worry I might be making shit up, just to entertain myself, and not realize it.
6. I don’t understand why people eat Doritos. I have never had a flavor of Dorito that tasted good to me and they have that weird powder that gets all over.
7. I am left-handed! But, I do do some stuff with my right hand–throw a ball, cut with scissors, etc. However! The Butcher is right handed except for the things I do with my right hand, he does with his left.