1. The paltry amount of rain. My rain gauge was like… gauge… is that right? No squiggly line. I guess so. My rain gauge was like “Nothing to see here.”
2. The coneflowers, obviously.
3. Library books on Kindle. Whew, is it just me or is it a little bumpy in here?
4. Beth Harwell said the following after presiding over a session hell-bent on sticking its nose in my pants, “I look forward to another successful session next year that will lessen the role of government and enhance the job environment for Tennesseans” and she seemed not to die of shame. I don’t understand it.
5. There are fewer Southern Baptists this year than last. Honestly, gentlemen, when you make it your business to exclude women and oppress gay people, the people who love you and care about you but believe you have lost your damn fool mind will eventually start avoiding you until you come to your senses. Just something to think about next time Lifeway is hosting a secret cabal of any sort.
6. I don’t know if this is fair or not, but I still laughed. I apparently can’t resist a good anti-MFA rant.